Friday 4 December 2015

New Eyeshadow Palettes I'm Excited For: 2015–2016 | Beauty


I love makeup, it's no surprise if you know me. Over the past year or so, I've been getting into eyeshadow and slowly building my collection of them.

Here is a short list of eyeshadow palettes I'm excited to get my hands on!


URBAN DECAY X GWEN STEFANI EYESHADOW PALETTE

Urban Decay x Gwen Stefani Eyeshadow Palette
~X~
Okay...this palette is STUNNING! As a 90s kid, I grew up listening to No Doubt and Gwen Stefani and I loved everything about her: her edgy wicked style and attitude, her makeup, and, of course, her music (both No Doubt and her solo albums). When I heard Urban Decay was teaming up with Gwen, and when I actually saw this palette, I wanted to flip my table over with excitement. I NEED this! 

I don't own many neutral shades because I love warm shades more than anything else, so this palette is perfect. You get quite a few neutrals, a few warm shades and your three pops of colour. It is very versatile and you can easily create everyday looks and dramatic looks. It is an all-year-round palette in my eyes and one that you can get a lot of use out of.

The shade Punk is what stands out most for me, I don't own a dark reddish brown so I'm really excited to try this shade! As for Harajuku and Danger, I won't lie, they won't get a lot of use out of me, however, Danger looks like a gorgeous sapphire blue and can be used either for a smokey eye (paired with Serious and Blackout) or on the lower lash line for a dramatic look.

I literally cannot wait to get my hands on this palette, even the packaging is absolutely stunning! The only downside is that it's limited edition so if you want it, get it while you can!

TOO FACED CHOCOLATE BON BONS PALETTE
Too Faced Chocolate Bon Bons Palette
~X~
This one comes as no surprise if you read my previous post here when this palette was first announced. Not only is the packaging gorgeous, but the shades are a something different compared to the previous two Chocolate Bar palettes (which I love!). 

I'm not really into pink shades, but I'm going to do a lot of experimenting with this palette! It also has a few new warm and neutural shades too which is nice, so either way it's going to be loved and seated next to its sisters: my Original and Semi-Sweet Chocolate Bar palettes!

ALSO

The co-founder of Too Faced (Jerrod Blandino) revealed a sneak peek on Instagram of their next upcoming eyeshadow palette that will be released sometime next year called: Peanut Butter and Jelly.
Peanut Butter and Jelly Eyeshadow: Sneak Peek!
Oh my goodness, how cute is this?! I can only imagine the shades/colours this palette will contain. I'm thinking a lot of warm browns with possibly a cherry red and/or a grape purple, or deep blueberry...or raspberry, or strawberry. ARGH, it could be anything! I just hope they release it worldwide and not make it an exclusive or else I'll be so upset. Seriously. 

LIME CRIME VENUS I & VENUS II PALETTES
Venus I: Grunge
 +
Venus II (newest)
~X~

I'm aware this next brand (Lime Crime) has had a lot of controversy, and I happened to purchase the Cashmere Velvetine when the hack happened, but thankfully I used PayPal. I understand if anyone would never purchase from them again, but after seeing these eyeshadow palettes that came in a bundle pack for $49 dollars, I really wanted them and wanted to give this brand a second chance.

What drew me most to them are, obviously, the colours: I don't own any of these in my makeup collection. I've seen quite a few looks on social media using these palettes and it excites me to start experimenting with completely new colours I've never used before—it's a definite step out of my comfort-zone!

From the Venus I palette, I look forward to using: Venus, Aura, Creation, Icon and Muse. 'Shell', 'Rebirth' and 'Divine' are pretty colours, but they are a little too pink/coral for me. If I don't use them often, I will definitely use them as a blush!

And lastly, from the newest palette, Venus II, I'm most excited to use: Pigeon, Mustard, Fly, Jam, Mud and Boot. 'Filter' is a little too out there for my liking, but I will definitely give it a go!


Well, that's it from me and the end of my most anticipated eyeshadow palettes I'm eager to get and try. I will be doing a review for each of these palettes once I get my hands on them and use them for a while to give you an overall feel for them and if I ended up liking them or not (which I'm sure I'll love each of them, but who knows!). Stay tuned for those reviews and my overall thoughts on them.

Which eyeshadow palettes or other beauty products are you excited to get next? Are they on my list above? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment