Wednesday 26 February 2014

WW Wednesdays | What I've Watched #1



Welcome to WW Wednesdays, also known as What I've Watched Wednesdays, a title that pretty much sums itself up!

Every Wednesday a new post will be published on the TV shows and/or movies I have watched over the week, along with a brief summary of what I thought of them, so stay tuned for more!

 |____________________________________|


For this week, I have watched the following: 

                                                   
  • The Following: Season 2, Episode 5
  • The Following: Season 2, Episode 6
  • The Walking Dead: Season 4, Episode 11 
  • Star-Crossed: Pilot, Episode 1
  • Star-Crossed: Season 1, Episode 2
  • Helix: Season 1, Episode 7
  • Helix: Season 1, Episode 8
  • Prom
  • Scorned
  • After The Dark

 So, let's start with the TV shows.


The Following: S02, E05
The Following is what I'm hooked on at the moment, even though this episode frustrated me, yet, also interested me. The episode was good overall except Ryan always seems to 'runaway' from the Followers he needs to catch and not even shoot them in the knee, or knees, to stop them. It felt like a game of cat and mouse, but the catbeing Ryanhides and shys away which isn't like his character. I get why he ran during one scene and I understand why the writers keep letting Luke get away, but it became annoying. 

I'm still thoroughly enjoying it so far with the creepy twins and their wacky motherwho I have my suspicions sexually abused her sons, which is why they are so messed up and fixated on her, especially Lukeand I hope the season gets even better. Who knows, maybe Mark will go against his mother and older twin and help Ryan, that could be interesting.

The Following: S02, E06
Yep, another The Following episode in one week and Holy Hardy was that intense! Mike is a total badass with unsolved angerand who also might have a crush on Maxthe twins are losing their minds, Joe is having trouble trusting the new group, Emma is obsessed with Joe like always and the mother will become Ryan's newest nightmare, possibly even Joe's, too. Though there was another stupid facepalm moment Ryan hadyou'll know what it isit was an awesome episode and next week looks even better!

 The Walking Dead: S04, E11
 Say Cheese!

Far out I love Michonne. Finally in this episode we see she has a sense of humour as she tries to cheer Carl up. We even see a happier side to Carl, too, which was nice. As for Rick and Glenn on the other hand, not so much. The man with the red hair and blonde beard, known as Sgt. Abraham Ford, is introduced and we find out what he and his two campanions are up to and why they are heading to Washingston DC. What do they know about how the outbreak started, that's the big question. And for Rick, well...let's just say he's in a bit of a situation. Another great episode overall.

Star-Crossed: S01, E01
 
To read the full review and my opinions and overall rating, click here.

Star-Crossed: S01, E02
For this week's Star-Crossed, I'm still on the fence and not exactly 'loving' it, although I want to. Roman is given the chance to take his father's position and lead the Atrians, or he can pass it on to his untrustworthy uncle, Castor. His relationship with Emery still has no chemistry in my opinion, but her relationship and chemistry with Grayson, on the other hand, is a lot stronger. The Atrians have figured out a way to remove their tats and blend in with humans and someone isn't who they appear to be. Seems like War is on the way.... 

Helix: S01, E07
My, what eyes you have!

It's been seven episodes and I'm still trying to decide if I'm digging this show or not. It's something different for a TV show, though it kind of reminds me of The Thing, but it's watchable nonetheless. The two big questions for this episode were, "Who is Julia really?" and "What's with the blue eyes?" If I was to guess, I still believe Julia is Hatake's daughter or an experiment of his. Why would he care so much about her? And as for the blue eyes and why Constance Sutton was sawing her teeth? Um...let's see...they're aliens? I could be completely wrong, but I hope the show is filled with lots of twists and doesn't end up like Lost...only in the middle of the snow.

Helix: S01, E08
Without spoiling anything, the episode was good with a couple of twists, but all I am going to say is this...I KNEW IT! I FREAKING KNEW IT!
Prom (2011)
Okay, so I'm a little late watching this movie...four years late, I mean. I had never heard of it before so I gave it a go and I was actually surprised. Sure, it's another high school drama about prom with the typical bad boy love story, but it worked well and left me satisfied, even though it was predictable. It is a bit cliché, but still a good, easy watch in my opinion.

7/10

Scorned (2013) 
 
Revenge is Best Served Cold...and Hot

Did I really waste my time on that? Yes I did. Scorned is a movie about a troubled young woman getting revenge and torturing the people who cheat on her...even if it's her own best friend doing the dirty with her rich boyfriend. That's all the movie is about. Point is, if you're going to cheat on your partner, you're going to get caught...and tied up...and tortured.

Do I recommend it? No, not really, but if you're curious to check it out, watch it, but it isn't anything special.

3/10

After The Dark (2013)
Different, I'll say that much, but good. After The Dark was another movie I hadn't heard of but watched it anyway. I really enjoyed the whole concept of it being that a class of graduating philosophers are challenged and tested by their teacher to choose ten people from their groupeach of them randomly selecting a card with different occupations and talentsto put in an underground shelter in the event of a nuclear apocolypse to reboot the human race.

It's creative, well developed and well done. For anyone who likes a bit of a psychological movie, give this a go, but don't worry, you don't need to think too much in order to understand it. It's straight forward and something original. I recommend it to anyone.

7/10
____________________________________________

So there you have it. I hope you enjoyed reading this week's first WW Wednesday. Be sure to stay tuned for another one next week!

Also, if there's a TV show or movie I have listed that you want a full review on, let me know in the comments below! 

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete